Image of someone holding up house keys.

For Property Managers

A one-stop shop for landlords and renters

If you are a property owner or if you rent in Brookings, SD, we're here to help. Browse the below resources for property owners, landlords, and renters. Get in touch if you have a question regarding our services.

Apply for Service

Owners, renters, or tenants must call the Billing Department or fill out the below form to establish themselves with service.

Service Application Form

Landlord Disconnect Form

When a property owner/manager requests that utilities remain connected if a rental unit becomes vacant, the service will be placed in the owner’s name and a standard service charge will apply.

If no service is desired during the vacant period, the meter(s) will be removed, and no charges will accrue.

Please fill out the below form to indicate how you would like your rental unit(s) handled. If we do not have a form for a landlord, it is our understanding that you would like the utilities left on and put into your name when a tenant moves out.

Landlord Disconnect Form

We are here to help

If you have questions about renting or owning and your utility services with Brookings Municipal Utilities, reach out. Our team is ready to assist.

Contact Us