Brookings Municipal Utilities (BMU) has a long, proud history of providing, electricity, water, wastewater and communication services (dba Swiftel Communications) to the Brookings community. As a municipal utility company, we are not for profit, community-owned, and locally controlled. We are proud to offer low rates, quality service and the ability to put revenue back into our community.
To serve our customers with reliable, quality power, water, wastewater and telecommunication products and service in a prompt, courteous and environmentally sensitive manner, at competitive rates, generating sufficient income for infrastructure improvements and a return to our owners.
- To treat everyone with respect and dignity, promoting unity, trust, pride and a dedication to our mission.
- To provide a safe, stimulating work environment that fosters learning, teamwork, efficiency, and continued improvement.
- To conduct business with the highest level of honesty and integrity, upholding standards of personal and public accountability in carrying out all activities.
- To be easy to do business with, striving for quality service and customer care beyond our customer's expectations.
- To partner with vendors, carriers, retailers and customers alike, creating an organization built on trust and reliability.
- To consistently analyze our business methods to find new opportunities for business growth and efficiencies, and to be willing to accept risk and change.